Red wine and burgers, is there anything finer? Probably, but we love it anyway. Here is our recipe for our delicious Batch X Burger. Get some friends together and start BBQing.
BURGER Patty Ingredients
- 2 cups of your favourite Batch X wine
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 500g quality minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced cheese
- Pre-heat you grill or BBQ to medium.
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat, combine the wine and brown sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Let boil and reduce to 6 Tbsp (3/8 cup). This will take about 25 minutes. Let cool to room temp ~10 minutes.
- Whisk egg in a bowl & add Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion and stir until combined
- Crumble in beef & using your hands or a fork, gently mix together.
Tip: Handle the meat as little as possible – the more you work it, the tougher it gets.
- Add 1/4 cup of red wine reduction and lightly toss to mix.
- Gently shape (don’t firmly press) mixture into burgers about 2cm thick.
- Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the centre of each burger to prevent puffing up during cooking.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook until no longer pink inside, turning once, about 5-6 minutes per side.
Tip: Don’t abuse your burgers by pressing with a spatula, pricking with a fork or turning frequently as precious juices will be lost!
- Drizzle tomato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and cook on grill for 4 minutes
- Top burger patty with a slice of cheese and remove from the grill when it starts to melt
- Tuck everything into a warm crusty bun & add your favourite sauce and toppings. We recommend some lettuce for freshness and a quality BBQ sauce
Serve with a glass of Batch X Wine and Enjoy!